The new year is upon us and it’s brimming with possibilities. You’ve been given a blank canvas on which you can paint anything you want. Don’t let last year’s troubles follow you. Close the book on 2016 and begin anew.
Dare to attempt things that scare the pants off you. Reach of heights previously thought out of reach. Determine to do the things you keep putting off. Yes it will be hard. Yes it will stretch you beyond your wildest dreams, but isn’t that the point? Great goals help you become the very best version of yourself you can be.
When tackling new goals and old dreams you’re going to need some motivation from time to time. Words that fan the flame in your belly and propel you onwards. Below I’ve collected ten quotes to do just that. Print them out if you need to, and allow them to pick you up when you’re down, and keep you moving when you're exhausted.
1. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” - Robert H. Schuller
2. “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what other’s can’t.” - Jerry Rice
3. “Success doesn’t happen overnight. Keep your eye on the prize and don’t look back.” - Erin Andrews
4. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” - Henry David Thoreau
5. “Discipline is rarely enjoyable but always profitable” - Darrin Patrick
6. “If you want to achieve your goal, do not be clever or sensitive. Use rough methods. Hit the target once. Go back and hit again. Then hit again—a major kick straight from the shoulder.” - Winston Churchill
7. “A goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves something to aim at.” - Bruce Lee
8. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” - Stephen King
9. “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful individuals with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” - Calvin Coolidge
10. “All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it’s impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.” - Niccolo Machiavelli