I listen to the Tim Ferriss Show from time to time. I find Tim’s interviews compelling and his questions insightful. I’ve usually got a page or two covered with quotes and notes, after each episode.
Tim interviewed Derek Sivers a while back, and it’s stuck with me. Remixes and different takes on the wisdom Derek shared spring forth from the stew of ideas swirling around my mind regularly.
I’d like to share a few of them with you here today. Below you’ll find some of my biggest takeaways from their conversation.
- What you know doesn’t mean squat, it’s what you do consistently that matters. You must act.
- Expect disaster.
- Be expensive.
- Think slow and deliberate.
- Think long-term. You can do everything you want. You just need foresight and patience.
- If you feel anything less than "Hell yes!" just say, "No." Otherwise, you’ll say "Yes" to many lesser things.
- Busy is out of control. Lack of time is a lack of priorities.
Give their conversation a listen if you’d like some context to go with these quotes. I've linked to it below. There’s no telling what great idea it might spark down the road.